There is no substitution for hard work and perseverance. And this hard work and perseverance mean more when it gets validated in the form of awards. For a startup, there are numerous ways how awards can help them, beyond just recognition. Some of the other benefits include.
- Awards help in the business’s growth. Surveys have indicated that 70% of customers are positively influenced when they find that the organization they are entering in business with, has an award or recognition to their name.
- The award function’s attendees generally comprise people from various industries who are at the executive level of their organization. This acts as a great opportunity to build an exclusive network for yourself as well as for the brand
- These awards and recognition help in the recruitment of professional teams, the executives, or the boards of directors for your organization, as it vouches for your hard work and vision.
- All in all, when you place the beautiful trophy in your office, it will act as a conversation starter, a good way to pitch your company and your product to the client.
Here are a few awards that you can apply now to get your organization the well-deserved recognition it needs.
The Smart CEO Startup 50 Award
The startup 50 Award is an initiative by Smart CEO with the aim to “recognize the leaders and changemakers of tomorrow’’. The company will be evaluated by an established jury (announced shortly before the event) of renowned business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors based on eight criterias
1. Originality of idea
2. Innovation of business model
3. The long term potential
4. Revenue/profit and revenue/profit growth
5. Employee satisfaction
6. Customer satisfaction
8. Social impact
A total of 50 companies are shortlisted and the CEO of the companies gets to attend a learning session with industry leaders. They are adorned with the badge ‘The Smart CEO Startup 50 Batch” which acknowledges the hard work and innovation of the company.
For more details regarding the dates and the event, kindly visit their website http://startup50.in/
Emerge 50 by NASSCOM
(For innovative Software Product Companies)
This award acts as a visibility platform to the dark horses of the future. The winners are the startups and emerging companies that the world watches out for!
Few points to keep in mind before applying for this award:
- A Registered/Incorporated Indian IT Product Company or Companies founded in India, but later moved to a foreign land for business reasons and still has a majority workforce in India.
- A nomination should be a Commercialized Product (not an idea/prototype/under development). No POC accounted i.e. Product should have paying customers.
- Total company revenue is not more than INR 100 Crore.
Companies will be shortlisted based on their Product, Market, Business, Vertical, and Technology excellences shortlisted companies will present to a select panel of experts from the Industry (Jury) at the event.
You can check for details on their website https://www.nasscom.in/about-us/what-we-do/industry-development/product-connect/emerge50.php
Entrepreneur Award by Entrepreneur Media
Entrepreneur Media recognizes the hard work and commitment shown by the organizations all these years.
Few categories are
Startup Award- Recognizing startups in various categories including food & beverage, home & craft-based, energy, logistics, etc.
Rise Award- Identifying Best in Innovation, Financial Performance, Use of Technology. Workplace, etc
Entrepreneur Awards- Awarding students, creative artists, green entrepreneurs, serial entrepreneurs, etc.
There are approximately 75 awards categories where they try to acknowledge the work in every industry. The last date of Application is 29 July 2020. For more information or to apply, you can visit their website- https://www.entrepreneurindia.com/virtual-awards/
Now the following awards may appear intimidating or to be in the big- shot league, but we believe the sky’s the limit and these awards would add as the ultimate validation that you might need for your hard work
National Startup Award by Government of India
Since Startup India’s launch in 2016, the Government of India has worked in catalyzing the Startup Culture and trying to encourage young entrepreneurs by creating a very inclusive environment. India has been ranked 3rd largest ecosystem in the world with 1300 startups being added in 2019.
These awards aim to recognize startups in 12 areas who are providing solutions to challenges in India, by developing technologies, products, and services. The 12 categories are as follows.
- Agriculture Urban Service
- Education Enterprise Technology
- Energy Finance
- Food Health
- Industry 4.0 Space
- Security Tourism
Here are the few points you need to keep in mind before you apply
- It is mandatory that the startup is recognized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) with a product in the market.
- Startups must have trade-specific registrations (example: CE, FSSAI, MSME, GST registration, etc.) that are applicable to their startup.
- There should not have been any default in the last three years (FY 2016- 17, 17-18, 18-19) by the entity or any of its promoters or any of their group entities.
- Startups must submit audited financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss accounts) for the last three financial years (FY 2016-17, 17-18, 18-19)
Prize – 5 Lakh INR. The winner and the four runners up will be given the opportunity to present their solution to the public authority and corporate for a potential pilot project. In addition, there are three special awards for startups from educational institutions, making an impact in rural areas, and women entrepreneurs.
Date to Apply (for the 2020 Edition) – 15th January 2020
For more information, you can visit their website- https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/national-awards.html
The Economic Times Startup Award
The Economic Times Award, considered to be the most prestigious award in the tech and social space. The award spans in various categories namely, Startup of the Year, Top Innovator, Bootstrap CHamp, Social Enterprise. They have awards namely Best on Campus for students working in the startup environment and making a difference. They recognize Women Head, for organizations led by women excelling in their respective fields. They have also claimed to recognize COVID – Led Healthcare and COVID – Led Business who have to be a beacon of hope in such trying times. For more details, you can visit the website- https://etstartupawards.com/
Global Startup Awards by SAARC
At global startup awards, 8 countries are competing in 22 categories and each country will provide a national winner for each category to the Grand Finale. The deadline to fill the form depends on the region, from where you are participating. Hence you need to check their space for updates.
Once you get nominated, you need to accept the invitation and fill out the details of the company on the dashboard. The award has no application fee. This award further requires you to submit ‘Pitch Deck’, a presentation or PDF explaining your organization and the work you do for the jury members.
Finally, the winner gets to go on various news interviews, and appear in magazines, which helps in creating a buzz for the company on a global scale.
These are a few of the many awards that are prevalent today. Hope this lists acts as a guide for you and you are able to add these to your bouquet of success.